How to Run Windows Backup from a Command Prompt to a URL
In order to use Windows Backup to backup to a URL in older version of Windows server 2008 you have to use Windows backup from the command line using âWBadmin.exeâ(more info on WBAdmin can be found at this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754015.aspx ). A scheduled task can then Â be created to for nightly unattended backups.
- Determine/create a network location for Windows backup to backup to.
- Create user on both the source and destination location making it part of the Backup Users Group on the source system and just read/write on destination.
- Copy the following command into run line for testing: Â powershell âcommand wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:\\<Server name or Â IP Addrerss>\<Share location > -user:<username> -password:<Password> Â -include:c: -vssFull âquiet Â Â note: make sure you change variable. This will start Windows Backup (wbadmin) it will back up the C: drive (-include:C:) using a full Volume Shadow Service Â (-vssfull) to a network share (-backupTarget:\\<Server name or Â IP Addrerss>\<Share location >) Â in quiet mode (âquiet )
- If test is successful create a scheduled task and paste the working command in to the Program/script box
- Click yes pop up window.
- Before clicking Finish on Â task schedule, check box next toâ Open the Properties Dialog for this Task when I click finishâ
- On the âGeneralâ Â tab click the radial buttonÂ âRun whether user is logged on or notâ Â andÂ âRun with highest privilegesâ
- Click ok then enter the credentials you created in step 1 ( Remember you will use computername/username formatâ
|Posted by: Natural Networks NOC - May 7, 2014. This article has been viewed 14312 times.
|Online URL: https://kb.naturalnetworks.com/article.php?id=126
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)