Syncing Outlook 2003 sent folder with IMAP
When setting up Outlook 2003 with IMAP, the local sent folder does not automatically get synced with the IMAP sent folder. This is a feature that was added in Outlook 2007. To sync Outlook 2003’s sent box with IMAP you have to create a rule.
Create a Rule with the Rules Wizard
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard, and then click New.
- Click to select "Check messages after sending", and then click Next.
- Click to select "uses the form name form check box".
- Click the underlined form name in the Rule Description box.
- In the Standard Forms Library, click to select Message and then click Open. Click Next, and Next again.
- Click to select the "Move a copy to the specified folder" check box.
- Click to select a "specified" folder in the Rule Description box
- Click to select or create a folder on your IMAP server. Click OK, and then click Next.
Click Next again, and then specify a rule name. Click Finish.